THE COGNITIVE DISSONANCE OF BARKLEY PONTREE

THIS BLOG MEETS ALL U.S. ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS AND IS PRINTED ON 100% RECYCLED WEB PAGES .

I began blogging in 2010, this blog called The Cognitive Dissonance of Barkley Pontree, which chronicled my experiences taking care of my dad as he slowly died from Alzheimer's. The Barkley blog is dead and gone, like my dad, though there is a book you can buy and read if you want to learn about it.

My new blog is After The Caretaker. It talks about life after being a caretaker, the troubles of starting life over at 55, the troubles of finding work, and my theological, philosophical and paranoid ramblings as I try to find my way in a world I know longer feel part of or recognize.

Friday, July 19, 2013

FOLIE A DEUX: A MADNESS SHARED BY TWO

Well, the blog is over but fear not.  All three years of my mental wanderings, rantings, and ponderings are now available in a new Kindle book called Folie A Deux by Dick Lane.

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/FOLIE-DEUX-Madness-Shared-ebook/dp/B00E0T0XV8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374256448&sr=1-1&keywords=DICK+LANE

I want to thank everyone who read the blog while I struggled through the years taking care of my dad as he slowly died from Alzheimer's.  Now all those tears, laughs and memories are captured in the book.  Yes, I did edit the book, I didn't think anyone would want to read my analysis of the 33,403 republican debates for example.

It was difficult going back through those years to put together the book.  I THINK I caught all the spelling errors.

Anyways, thank you again for reading and thank you ahead of time for buying the book. Please tell your friends and anyone you know who is care taking, thinking of being a caretaker, or was a caretaker.  It's about Alzheimer's, our medical system and how old people are treated, and a child doing the right thing.  It should make you laugh, it should make you cry, and I hope it makes you think.

Oh yea, this is my favorite picture of my dad and me.  It was taken in our driveway right after I graduated from college and left for Texas.  If you look real close, you can see my black Opel Manta in the garage!  That was a long time ago.



Signing off:

Dick Lane

1 comment:

  1. Just read the Sept 6 Blog. (2013). Do not worry , I have three houses, you will be able to stay at at least one of them before you go homeless. Wow I can post as anonymous here. Unable to post on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete